Topic: GROWING STRONGER, DEEPER & HIGHER IN FAMILY – LIFE
Key Text: Isaiah 40:30-31
Growing Stronger, Deeper, Higher in Family life can be summarized to mean – Having a formidable and a fulfilled family life which God and men will be proud of.
For the Anglican Priest’s Family – the Congregation, the Church authority, the Priest’s family, the Priest’s relations, the Priest’s neighbourhood, etc. expect so much… Why? We are Fathers/Mothers in the Lord, Spiritual Parents to many, Mentors to many, Counsellors to many; in fact the Priests Family and Marriage is expected to be an enviable reference point any day.
According to Isaiah 40:30-31, the Priest’s Family life is bound to grow stronger and deeper with time (as the Eagle) if only the Priests and wives will sincerely wait upon the Lord daily, following Biblical principles – as we normally teach others (in our Sermons).
Here are some Posts, good for our reflection under this topic
- Any Priest’s marriage that is still working, in a time like this, is a big terror to the Kingdom of the devil and its cohorts.
- If only the ordained Priests can continue to learn, to unlearn and relearn, then the Kingdom of heaven is within reach, even in the Priest’s Family life.
- If anyone sees a fulfilled Minister’s marriage in the morning, note that one of the partners has not slept the night before.
- Fulfillment and deeper joy in marriage comes – not by looking for the right partner but by being the right partner.
- Marriage and Family life is a vast field of study. It is a life-time project. No graduation. As you make your bed…
TO GROW STRONGER, DEEPER & HIGHER IN FAMILY LIFE
- THE BASIC TRUTH:
- Your definition & Understanding of “Christian Marriage.”(If it is not a Christian Marriage, it cannot be the same things as Christian Marriage).
- Christian Marriage requires TOTAL COMMITMENT (Mal. 2:13-16)
- Not a contract
- No plan B or C
- No Separation or Divorce
- Christian Marriage requires TIMELY ADJUSTMENTS (Rom. 15:1-2)
- No human being is perfect.
- Demonstrate a large-heart, it pays.
- Be ready & be prepared to adjust all adjustable
- A visionary Priest & Wife must study,erect&sustain these 10 important marriage-pillars
(Look-out for good books, balanced articles, video teachings, etc.)
The available Spiritual Charging Points (Acts 10:1-2)
- Understanding the Legal Dimension in Christian Marriage (Rom. 13:1-2)
- The Marital Vows & their implications (Mal. 2:13-16)
- Finance management in the Home (Gen. 2:15, 25)
- Some Basic principles of Managing Marital Conflicts (Amos 3:3; Prov. 15:1, 13)
- Provoking & Sustaining the Marital love daily (1 Cor. 7:3-4)
- The Handling of Sexual Temptations (Heb. 13:4; Eph. 5:3)
- A good Understanding of your Partner & your Children (Hosea 4:6)
- Your Method of Raising the Children (Prov. 22:6)
- Your management of the 3rd party (Gen. 2:24; Matt. 7:12)
Growing stronger, deeper and higher in family life do not happen by chance or by luck, but by the singular decision of erecting strong marital-pillars through balanced knowledge and timely adjustments. The Choice is entirely yours.
As Ministers of God, the greatest testing ground of our Christian certificate is in Marriage. In marriage your faithfulness, your patience, your ability to accommodate others, etc. will always be fully tested.
May God renew your marital joy and strength daily as an eagle through this special opportunity to learn, re-learn and unlearn.
Thanks for listening.
- The Ven. Nnaemeka Nwosu
- (Diocese of Lagos West)