- We are part of God’s creation, made in the image of God.
- 2. What does it mean to be created in the image of God?
- It means that we are free to make choices: to love, to create, to reason, and to live in harmony with creation and with God.
- 3. Why then do we live apart from God and out of harmony with creation?
- From the beginning, human beings have misused their freedom and made wrong choices.
- 4. Why do we not use our freedom as we should?
- Because we rebel against God, and we put ourselves in the place of God.
- 5. What help is there for us?
- Our help is in God.
- 6. How did God first help us?
- God first helped us by revealing himself and his will, through nature and history, through many seers and saints, and especially the prophets of Israel.
- 7. How do we become aware of God?
By God’s initiative in our thinking and understanding. By experiencing and reflecting on the wonder and mystery of creation, birth and death, love guilt and the need to find meaning and worth beyond ourselves.
- 8. Where do we learn about God?
Christians learn about God in the Bible, in the teaching of the Church summed up in the Apostles’ Creed and through sharing in the living community of faith.
- 9. What do we learn about God?
God is eternal, earth maker, pain bearer, life giver; source of all that is and shall be: Father of us all, We learn that God is one, yet revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, a Holy Trinity.